These granola bars are a healthy treat without sacrificing the sweet! Protein packed and no baking required. They are perfect to toss into a lunchbox, for breakfast, snack time, or on the go for an energy boost. Minimal ingredients and no baking makes these a breeze to throw together!
- 10-12 pitted medjool dates (softened in warm water if necessary)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or other nut/seed butter *sub sunflower or wowbutter for allergies!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw cashews, finely chopped or blended into flour *sub extra oats for allergies!
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Optional add ins:
- hemp/flax/chia seeds
- chocolate/carob chips or cacao nibs
- dried fruit/raisins
- goji berries
Blend dates, vanilla, and sweetener in a food processor or high speed blender until it forms into a soft gooey consistency.
Warm peanut butter in saucepan over low heat or microwave. Set aside.
Place dry ingredients in large bowl. Add blended date mixture and peanut butter. Stir together.
Line small pan or dish with parchment paper (to prevent sticking and allow easy transfer).
Scrape out granola mixture and press firmly into pan.
Let sit in freezer for 30 minutes until firm. Remove from dish and cut into bars. Eat right away or store in airtight container!