I’m pretty sure that spaghetti-o’s were once a favorite of most (now) plant-based eaters. This is a much healthier, cruelty-free, and tastier (If I do say so myself) version of the classic canned childhood favorite!
Sauce Recipe (below) + Anellini or Ditalini noodles prepared as directed.
- 1 can of 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (if salt is added in tomato sauce, leave this out)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional- gives a little cheesy flavor!)
if you can find a tomato sauce with added onion/garlic powder (I tried Muir Glen organic tomato sauce): 1 can tomato sauce + 2 tbsp unsweetened cashew/almond milk + 2 tbsp vegan butter + 1 tsp sugar.
Heat in pot while stirring until vegan butter is melted and sauce starts to boil.
Simmer for 2-5 minutes and mix with noodles! 😊